Intrusion alarm maintenance
Itʼs vital to keep your security system in good working order to reduce false alarms and to ensure that the alarm will be raised in the event of a break-in.
One-off call outs to repair your intruder alarm
We recommend customers to have a regular maintenance visit from one of our qualified engineers. But if you don’t want to commit to a maintenance contract for your intruder alarm, you can request an engineer visit for a one-off call-out fee. Depending on the alarm system and the problem, this is usually USD 100 for a home alarm and USD 200 for a commercial alarm.
Quarterly intruder alarm maintenance packages
A maintenance contract will ensure that your intruder alarm is inspected and tested regularly, and can often pre-empt issues with your alarm system which would otherwise require an emergency call-out. As a contract customer, you are also guaranteed a response to an emergency call within 24 hours.
Even if your burglar alarm was installed by another company, we are happy to take over and maintain any kind of security system. A take over fee applies which covers an engineer visiting your property to inspect, test and reprogram your alarm. But as all of our engineers are trained to service a wide range of intruder alarm products, you can rely on us to deal quickly and efficiently with any existing faults and issues you may be experiencing, and to keep your alarm system working.
There are three intruder alarm maintenance packages for you to choose from depending on your requirements and budget. Alarm maintenance is renewed annually, so you will never find yourself tied in to a contract if you don’t feel that our service delivers good value for money:
* our cat I maintenance package is only available on systems installed, evaluated or upgraded by Kerberos Security in the past 2 years
Please contact us for a site visit to get a quote for the maintenance of your intruder alarm if it has under 25 detection sensors (motion detectors, door/window contacts, break glass detectors). For larger systems, or if you need a bespoke maintenance solution to provide specific service levels, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Remote servicing of intruder alarms
Where your intruder alarm is connected to a telephone line (landline or GSM), we can carry out remote diagnostics and servicing besides the classic monitoring features. This dramatically improves the speed and efficiency of our alarm maintenance service as we can invariably fix problems without the need to dispatch an engineer to your site. Remote alarm monitoring service also offers the benefits of enhanced security and 24/7 surveillance and dispatch service.
The highest standards in alarm maintenance
We only use equipment of the highest quality, and all of our systems meet the requirements set out in the British and European Standards DD243 and the ACPO Policy.
Alarm servicing schedule
- Check history of alarm system since last maintenance service
- Visual inspection of all major alarm components including cabling & connections where accessible for signs of
- deterioration or damage
- Check mains power supply including charging rates
- Check battery power supply including charging rates
- Check and walk test all detectors
- Check satisfactory operation of manually operated devices e.g. panic buttons
- Check and test remote signaling equipment (where appropriate)
- Make adjustments as necessary
- Repair minor faults where necessary (additional costs may apply)
- Retrain the users on the use of the alarm system (if required)
- Log all test results 12 Check all warranty related conditions including environment conditions
- Check surge risks and submit solution for protection (where applicable)
- Return the alarm system to operational status
House alarms: One off alarm servicing start from USD 100 + VAT plus replacement parts subject to location, make and size of alarm system.
Commercial alarms: One off alarm servicing start from USD 200 + VAT plus parts subject to location, make and size of business alarm system.
Alarm repairs: Local call out charge from USD 75 + VAT plus parts and labour as required.
Exclusions Under Maintenance Cover:
All calls resulting from damage/misuse of System. Equipment out of warranty. Hardware i.e. Door Closers, Hinges, Locks etc … Network faults over IP. IT Networks Client WAN/LAN.